Sunday 21 July 2013

Off the radar..

So I haven't posted in a few months and that's all down to this stupid pain that still hasn't gone away unfortunately :-(
I have had yet more tests including 2 cystoscopies - one under GA and one under local - to make matters worse after the cystoscopy under GA, which was my last procedure, I am now in double the amount of pain than I was before :-( 
The doctor has decided that I have Interstitial Cystitis, which is a chronic condition that unfortunately cannot be cured. They can attempt to treat the symptoms which they are doing at the moment but it is anyone's guess as to what will happen and when the pain may go away.. If it does! I'm hoping that I will get relief shortly as I have been in agony for too long now and I would like to get my life back! The thing is that with IC it can come back at anytime and also go away at any point. I don't like the not knowing! I just want to feel better!! 
Most people look forward to their days off from work where they don't need to set an alarm or have any routine but me.. I'm looking forward to setting an alarm, early starts, wearing my uniform and being back at work!!!! 
I am going to try blog on a daily basis now.. If nothing else, it takes my mind off things for a short while :-) 

The picture below was from one of my many visits to hospital... I woke up to a bandaged hand and thought they'd operated on my hand!!

Laura 
X

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better Laura. My best wishes and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!!! I will hopefully be on the road to recovery soon! :-) Is there anything you would like to see on my blog? I am looking for some recommendations :-)

      Take care

      Laura
      X

      Delete