Friday 30 August 2013

Top 5 Cleansers - From Budget To Splurge.

Now I know I have been a way for a while (find out why HERE)  but I am finally back and what a great way to start with 'My Top 5 Cleansers'. I have picked 5 cleansers that are my all time favourites and products that I continue to go back to. Some of the cleansers are budget friendly and others no so much, there really is something for everyone. They are in no particular order, I like them all just as much! Click on the cleanser names to view where to buy.
 

 
 
1) Organic Surge Gentle Cleansing Lotion 200ml - This is one of the best Organic cleansers that I have ever tried. It removes every trace of makeup and dirt, even the most stubborn of waterproof mascara. It leaves the skin feeling very clean, refreshed and hydrated. I love how gentle it is on the skin and it contains Chamomile so if you have any sore red blemishes it soothes and helps to take any redness/inflammation away. It also contains organic rosemary and lemon essential oils which gives the lotion a very nice citrus scent. I notice a great difference in the condition of my skin after using this, it generally feels fresher, brighter and hydrated. It also helps to keep any blemishes away which is a big plus for me. This is currently for sale at £5.99 from the Organic Surge Website.
 
2) Olay Gentle Cleansing Conditioning Milk 200ml - This is a great budget cleanser that is kind enough to the skin to be used on a daily basis. It is a cleansing milk rather than a lotion, therefore it is thin is consistency so doesn't leave any residue behind. You also only need a small amount due to the thin consistency. It is specifically designed to remove excess oil, makeup and dirt from the face. This cleanser is brilliant for my combination skin and when I use this I do notice a reduction in the amount of oil my skin produces in the day. It is also great at removing all traces of makeup and not much work is required to remove even waterproof makeup. It leaves the skin feeling clean and soft. It is currently for sale at Superdrug for £2.99 (it is also currently included in a BOGOF promotion!)
 
3) Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - This cleanser is gentle enough to use day and night each day yet it is concentrated enough to remove stubborn makeup and all impurities from the skin. It has been formulated to be used on any skin type which is great if you want to share with a sister, friend or mother. Because it is a hot cloth cleanser it encourages you to wash your face afterwards which is brilliant. The main reason I like using a cleansing lotion or milk is because you have to wash your face after use, meaning no impurities or dead skin cells stay on the skin or clog up your pores. I particularly like leaving the hot muslin cloth over my face for a couple of minutes to open my pores even more and give myself a kind of 'steam treatment'. You only require a small amount of this cleanser so it lasts for ages. It removes all makeup, even stubborn makeup and leaves your skin feeling super clean, refreshed and smooth. I use this cleanser as a treat for my skin as it is very luxurious and rich, leaving your skin feeling like you've had a facial! I notice a huge difference in the condition of my skin and the amount of blemishes I get when using this. It contains Eucalyptus and Cocoa Butter to smooth and calm the skin. This cleanser also doesn't contain any mineral oils and it completely plant based. When you buy the Cleanse & Polish you also receive the muslin cloths to use. Liz Earle currently do all different sizes of this product, ranging from £3.25 for the smallest and £14.75 for the largest size. Click HERE.
 
4) Garnier Clean & Soft Complete Cleansing Milk 200ml - This cleanser smells amazing! It contains rose extract so it is a very floral scent but it is lovely. It gently removes all makeup, dirt and impurities and leaves the skin feels clean, soft and very fresh. It is thin in consistency so not much is required meaning one bottle lasts for ages. It is also gentle enough to use on a daily basis. It removes even stubborn makeup without much effort at all. I found that it also has a soothing and calming effect on any red areas. Like I have stated above, I have combination skin and I also found that this cleanser helped with oil control if used in the morning before applying any makeup. This is currently for sale in Superdrug for £2.03 which is a saving of £1.02 - Click HERE
 
5) No7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser 200ml - Just like the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish this is a luxurious, indulgent cleanser that leaves your skin feeling like you have had a day in the spa. The only difference is that the muslin cloth included with this cleanser is used to gently exfoliate the skin and stimulate circulation. It removes all makeup and impurities with ease and leaves the skin feeling revived, fresh and very clean. It doesn't leave any residue behind after using. It does have a soothing effect to the skin and when I use this I do feel like my skin is in much better condition and much more hydrated. I usually alternate this with the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish and use it as a weekly treat when I apply a face mask and give myself a facial. You can find this in Boots for £9.95, click HERE. currently selected No7 products are in a 3 for 2 offer and this is included.  
 
Have you tried any of these cleansers? What is your favourite cleanser? Can you recommend any more hot cloth ones I could try?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment