Friday 23 August 2013

Top 5 Drugstore Lipsticks Under £5

I love trying out new lipsticks but unless it claims to do something amazing or is a high end brand I don't really want to pay a lot. I buy new lipsticks all the time and I never stick to the same one so imagine if I was to pay more than £5 each time! It would cost me a fortune! Obviously, if I always used the same lipstick then I would pay more. I don't think I have ever used up a full lipstick. As with everything, I like to change all the time! I have picked 5 lipsticks that I think are great value but the price tag is kind to your purse! 
 

1) MUA Lipstick In Shade 5 - This lipstick is from the MUA £1 range and is absolutely brilliant! This is my favourite shade from the range but I do have others that I love! In total, there are 16 shades to choose from. This shade is a shimmery pink that really suits my fair skin. It applies easily and feels great to apply.. is moisturising and hydrating to the lips. It doesn't last all day and you do have to reapply it a couple of times but the wear time is longer than I expected for a £1 lipstick! You can't really grumble when it is only costing £1! It doesn't dry your lips out which is a big bonus for me! I hate having dry lips. The finish with this shade is quite sheer but I like that, it also has a slight shimmer which is nice! You can pick this lipstick up at most Superdrug stores or on the MUA website.   

 
2) No 7 Vital Brights Lipstick In Shade Blossoming Pink - Blossoming pink is a very sheer light pink colour which achieves a barely there look, I absolutely love the shade! It is perfect for pairing with a more dramatic eye look and it would suit most skin tones. Application is easy and applies smoothly and evenly leaving your lips to feel very hydrated. It is a creamy formula and almost feels as though you are applying a balm rather than a lipstick. The wearing time is good but you do have to reapply throughout the day, this doesn't bother me though as I love touching up! My only issue is the packaging, it is very flimsy and cheap looking which is unusual for a No7 product! This isn't a problem to me as the lipstick itself is great quality! It is currently for sale in Boots for £5.

 
3)Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick In Shade Heather Shimmer -  This shade is absolutely beautiful. It is a pinky/plum colour with a hint of brown and is great to add a pop of colour to the face. It isn't really dark but it is dark enough to brighten the face. The formula is very creamy and feels lovely to apply to the lips. It is moisturising and hydrating to the lips. It claims to last up to 8 hours and I do agree with this claim. If you are looking for a lipstick that doesn't need reapplying that often then this range is perfect for you. It also doesn't dry out throughout the day and feels hydrating all day long which is brilliant! It also holds the colour well! When it does fade, it fades evenly so isn't noticeable. There are other shades available in this range. This is currently for sale at Superdrug for £4.99.
 
 

4) Barry M Lipstick In Shade Coral - This shade is just as described and is a beautiful coral colour. This is perfect for daytime or night time wear. It applies smoothly almost gliding on with no effort and feels very soft! It only takes one swipe to get an opaque colour. It contains natural moisturisers which keep your lips hydrated for hours! The wear time on this is quite long and I find I only have to reapply once or twice in the day. The finish is beautiful and very high shine! There are also other colours in this range which I have a couple of and they are consistent with the formula. This is for sale for £4.49 at Superdrug.
 

5) NYC Expert Last Lipstick In Shade Red Flame - I thought I best include a red lipstick in my 'Top 5', this is my favourite one that I have under £5 and I absolutely love it! It isn't the brightest red that I have in my collection as it applies quite sheer and has a slight pink tone to it. However, it is different to other reds I have due to the fact that it has a shimmery, metallic finish. I love how moisturising this is to the lips and how long it lasts. It currently retails in Superdrug for £1.99 which is an absolute steal for a product that is as good as this!


Have you tried any of these lipsticks? What is your favourite drugstore lipstick?  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment