Thursday 5 September 2013

DIY Beauty Products 2

 
Who doesn't love home made beauty products? Not only are they cheap to make but they are chemical free and you know exactly what goes into them! There's also no packaging bumping up the cost of the product or adding to the landfill! It's a win win situation really! Home made beauty products also make brilliant gifts... place them in reusable containers and decorate to add your own personal touch. Let's face it, if I can make them then anyone can!
 
I have been testing out some new DIY Beauty Recipes over the past couple of weeks and thought I would share my top 3 with you!  
 
1) Dry Skin Treatment
 
All you need to make this treatment is mayonnaise and baby oil. Place 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise  in a dish and add 1 teaspoon of baby oil, this will make enough for one application. Apply it all over the face and neck and leave for 20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. This treatment can also be used on any other dry patches you may have including, elbows, knees and feet! My face has been suffering lately and has had some dry patches here and there, this treatment left my face feeling beautifully smooth and well hydrated without leaving me looking really oily! I also tried this treatment for my feet! I applied it to my feet and placed cotton socks over the top. This meant that I could carry on walking around whilst letting the treatment do its work! I noticed an immediate improvement in the condition of my feet after using this and I will certainly continue to use it on a weekly basis! 
 
2) Herbal Facial Toner
 
For this recipe you need a bottle of Witch Hazel (which can be found at most pharmacies for pennies!) Witch Hazel makes a great facial toner but to add an added zing and extra
benefits, pour the Witch Hazel into a bowl and add fresh pieces of cucumber and rosemary. You can add 2 drops of essential oil to add a scent to the toner but this is optional. Cucumber is known for its soothing properties and will sooth any redness on the face. The rosemary is great for keeping blemishes at bay as it is a natural acne treatment. Place the mixture in the fridge and allow to soak for 3 days. After 3 days, pour the mixture through a sieve into a bottle. Add your own decorative label and this can be kept or given away as a gift! The perfect natural skin revival for when the weather gets colder. I have been alternating my home made toner with my everyday one and I have noticed such a difference in the amount of facial redness. My face looks more radiant after using this toner as opposed to my shop bought toner!
 
3) Honey Face Wash
 
You might not know but honey is a fabulous antibacterial natural product and has many unknown uses! One that I came across not too long ago was a honey face wash. It is simple to make yet very effective. You may think that you will end up in a sticky mess but trust me you wont! Honey can be used on its own as a gentle wash even on the most sensitive of skins but I came across a recipe which recommended adding a teaspoon of baking soda Add the baking soda to a tablespoon of honey , mix together and massage into the skin in circular motions, rinse off with warm water. The baking soda helps to gently exfoliate the skin without being too harsh and the honey helps the skin to retain moisture and feel more hydrated. This face wash is also great for people with acne due to the antibacterial properties of honey.  
 
 
Have you got any great DIY beauty product recipes?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment